Wednesday 9 January 2013

Additions to TSN Structure and Operation Handbook

I have made additions to the Structure and Operation of the TSN handbook this week. The new content includes more information on officers ranks, from Officer Cadet to Captain. The additions include details about the how promotions work in the TSN, with notes on the examination process that the officer must undertake. I have also separated Flag officer ranks from officer ranks and defined ranks of Lieutenant-Commander and above as "command ranks"; the ranks in which you could be assigned either temporary or permanent command of a TSN vessel.

In addition to this, I have been writing guideline questions that can be posed during the officer examinations. I also have a series of questions that I would ask a new officer (an Ensign just graduated) who requests assignment to my vessel that will allow me to ascertain their suitability for the position.

Over the coming weeks, I am going to continue adding more detail to the TSN Officer's Handbook. I was considering rewriting and expanding the Science Officer or the Comms Officer sections as I think both need an alteration to the information within them. For the Science Officer section, I was considering adding information on plotting courses and directing the Helms Officer. It will allow a Captain to free themselves from having to continually navigate, particularly in situations where multiple anomalies results in multiple course changes being made.


No comments:

Post a Comment